With all the advanced technology at our fingertips these days, it’s easy to get lost in work and forget to take breaks. That’s why we’re excited to share this 2,000 year old breathing technique that can help you get more done!
This simple yet effective practice is called the “4-7-8” breath.
Here’s how it works:
1. Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound.
2. Close your mouth and inhale quietly through your nose to the count of four.
3. Hold your breath for a count of seven.
4. Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound to the count of eight.
5. This is one breath. Now inhale again and repeat the cycle three more times for a total of four breaths.
Not only does this breathing exercise help you focus on getting more done, but it also has a number of other health benefits: reducing stress, improving sleep, and boosting energy levels.
Give it a try the next time you feel overwhelmed or bogged down at work!